As families start preparing for holiday breaks, it’s important to get that packing list just right! Leaving behind your glasses or contacts is one of the worst feelings and let’s face it, you can not fully enjoy the trip or sightseeing without them! Many families use their weeklong time off to travel to Disney, so we have prepared a list for you to help you enjoy your vacation to the fullest!
7 Tips For Wearing Glasses at Disney World
- Every Disney World attraction has a place to put a purse, backpack, or bag on, even thrill rides. Therefore, easily store your glasses away on any attraction in your bag of choice. You may be able to get the visual experience but at least the glasses are safe!
- The rides with the biggest risk of losing your glasses are Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain. Hold tight…glasses are expensive to replace!
- Other rides with the risk of loss or damage include Big Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, and Big Thunder Mountain.
- Some guests with glasses have had success fitting 3D glasses over their regular pair of glasses for attractions such as Muppet Vision 3D or Toy Story Mania.
- Have your eyeglasses tightened up prior to your Disney vacation as loose-fitting glasses are more likely to fall off.
- If you have an old pair of glasses lying around, pack those instead of wearing your newest pair. This way you get the full experience with your glasses on and only risk losing an old pair. Contacts are another alternative but be sure to bring back-ups, solutions, and a fresh case.
- Another option is to buy a glasses strap/croakie for your trip. That way if your glasses do slip off, they will still be on your person!
FUN FACT: Disney estimates that since Walt Disney World opened in 1971, they’ve taken in over 1.65 million pairs of missing glasses!