Workplace Culture You Can Feel Good About
Parkhurst NuVision is dedicated to empowering people to live better lives through vision correction. You can feel good about helping people get life-changing vision care in a patient-centric environment. Putting patient needs at the forefront of what we do results in happy patients and a low-stress work environment.
“To love what you do is to be successful.”- Nora Galarza, Parkhurst NuVision employee
Parkhurst Gives Back
We are dedicated to giving back through charitable efforts. Our Eye2Eye program partners with organizations such as The Himalayan Cataract Project (HCP), a non-profit dedicated to ending blindness worldwide. We work with HCP to donate a sight-saving surgery for every vision correction procedure performed at Parkhurst NuVision.
Benefits of Working at Parkhurst NuVision
Our employees take care of our patients and we take care of our employees—that’s what we call a win-win. Perks of working at Parkhurst include:*
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Affordable health insurance
- PTO: paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- 401K retirement plan with competitive company match
- On-site gym
- 50% discount on vision correction surgery for employees and immediate family members
*See employee handbook for details and eligibility
“Best Culture I have ever been a part of. Leadership truly wants everyone to succeed.”- Joshua Fosmire, Parkhurst NuVision employee
Job Openings at Parkhurst NuVision
Our mission at Parkhurst Companies is the relentless pursuit of best natural vision, enabling people to connect with one another and enjoy life in The River City and beyond without the limitations of poor vision and prosthetic eyewear.
Our Inside Sales Representatives (Surgery Schedulers) are responsible for providing face to face screening, education, cost and payment options. For Lasik, Cataract and elective services.
- Helping patients evaluate their vision goals. Educate patients on the benefits of each treatment option.
- Discuss payment options with prospective patients
- Provide continuous communication with potential and current patients. Via phone and or email. To maintain a great patient relationship.
- Correspond with referring doctors and staff in a professional manor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Great organizational skills
- Proficient in word, excel. Able to learn other web based systems in a timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
Work Location: One location