Dr. Lauren Libfraind specializes in anterior segment and refractive surgery. She completed her medical degree at Thomas Jefferson University and her ophthalmology residency at University of Buffalo. She completed her fellowship training at Parkhurst NuVision.
- Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Standard Cataract Surgery
- Refractive Lens Exchange
- LASIK Eye Surgery
- SMILE LASIK
- Visian ICL Surgery
- Superficial Keratectomy
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery
Open Letter to My Patients
I have always wanted a profession where I could dedicate my skills towards improving the lives of my patients. Being a refractive and cataract surgeon allows me to positively impact the lives of my patients through helping them see more clearly. I’ve been blessed with good vision, but have known several close friends and family who haven’t been as fortunate. I encouraged my husband who wore contact lenses for years to have LASIK at Parkhurst and he couldn’t be happier! Whether it be cataract surgery, laser vision correction, refractive lens exchange, or ICL surgery these procedures are often life changing for our patients and it is a privilege to be a part of this process. Seeing the look on our patient’s faces after they can see clearly without glasses never gets old!
With warm regards,
Dr. Lauren Libfraind
Education & Experience
Dr. Lauren Libfraind earned degrees in Biology and Economics from Brown University, where she was also a member of the Brown Women’s Crew team and won two National D-1 Championships in rowing.
Dr. Libfraind received her medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University and went on to receive additional training at Crozer-Chester Medical Center. Dr. Libfraind completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of Buffalo.
- Refractive Surgery Alliance
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Young Eye Surgeons
- YoungMD Connect
"I had my cataract surgery done a week ago and I was extremely happy with the outcome of the surgery. By that evening of my surgery I could see 95% better. Dr. L was courteous, knowledgeable, professional and thorough and made me at ease in regards to my surgery. The nurses and the techs were awesome! I referred a family member to have cataract surgery and she is extremely satisfied too! And as a bonus the facility is beautiful and clean! As soon as you walk in you feel like royalty! I highly recommend Parkhurst Nuvision for any eye vision needs!"Louise
What will your NuVision story be?Book Now
Honors & Distinctions
High Honors in Surgery Clinical Clerkship (2016); High Honors in Ophthalmology Selective at Wills Eye Hospital (2016); Hobart Amory Hare Medical Honor Society (2015); Honors in Foundations of Clinical Medicine Course (2015); Honors in Immunity, Infection, and Disease Course (2014); Honors in Foundations of Pathology and Pharmacology Course (2014); Honors in The System: Neurosciences (2014); Honors in The Systems Course (Physiology and Histology) (2014); Honors in Molecular and Cellular Basis of Medicine Course (2014); Algernon B. Jackson Scholarship Award (2013- Present)
Omnicron Delta Epsilon International Honor Society in Economics (2011); Honors in Biology (2011)
Two time NCAA Women’s Rowing Champion (2008, 2011); Two time All-Ivy League (2008, 2011); Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association First Team All-Region (2010); Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association Scholar Athlete (2010, 2011); Spring Academic All-Ivy Honors (2010)
Research & Academics
- Evaluating clinical outcomes in patients who received refractive lens exchange
- University of Buffalo, Department of Glaucoma, Co-Investigator, Primary Investigator Dr. Asher Weiner C Prospective comparative study on Kahook Dual Blade vs Trabectome
- Shmunes K, Libfraind L, Ma L, Skurski Z, Feldman B, Markovitz B, Vinciguerra. LASIK and Pregnancy. American Academy of Ophthalmology, EyeWiki. March 2020
- Jing Ji, Robin Miller, Sharon Lehman, Jonathan Salvin, Dorothy Hendrics, Amanda Friess, Lauren Libfraind. Fundoscopic examination and SD- OCT in detecting sickle cell retinopathy among pediatric patients 2017 Aug: 21 (4): 9-10
- WolffEF, Uchida N, Donahue R,, Metzger ME, Hsieh MM, Libfraind LL, Hill MJ, Tisdale JF. Peripheral blood stem cell transplants do not result in endometrial stromal engraftment. Fertil Steril. 2013 Feb;99(2):526-32
Libfraind LL, Smith RM. Characterization of Non-Unions by Strain Concentration; The Tendency to develop Single Plane Non-Unions. Thomas Jefferson University Sigma XI Student Research Day. Philadelphia, PA. April 2015
Wolff EF, Libfraind LL, Weitzel RP, Tilly J, DeCherney AH, Tisdale JF. Oogonial Stem Cells Generate Mature Oocytes in an Autologous Rhesus Macaque Transplantation Model. American Society for Reproductive Medicine Meeting. Boston, MA. Oct 2013
Passionate About Her Patients
Dr. Libfraind’s interest in ophthalmology stems from her desire to have a positive impact on the lives of patients she serves, enabling improved function and overall quality of life through helping patients see better. Her focus and passion is on cataract and refractive surgery.
As part of Parkhurst NuVision’s Eye2Eye mission, Dr. Libfraind recently traveled to Mexico to perform surgeries for those in need, restoring sight to the needlessly blind.
In her free time, she enjoys traveling, biking, and hiking with her husband.