Dr. Nettleton graduated magna cum laude from both South Dakota State University and the University of Houston College of Optometry. He completed a residency in refractive surgery and ocular disease at Houston’s prestigious Eye Center of Texas.
Experience and Honors
- Eye Center of Texas Refractive Surgery and Ocular Disease Residency
- Raymund G. Murphy VA Medical Center, Optometric Clinical Externship – Ocular pathology and primary care
- Oak Hill Eye Care, Optometry Clinical Externship – Primary care and surgical co-management
- The University Eye Institute’s Dry Eye Center Clinical Rotation – Specialty dry eye diagnosis and treatment
- NEI Summer Researcher at the University of Houston College of Optometry
- Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society
- Clinical Letters of Excellence
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Ocular pathology
- Surgical co-management
- Glaucoma assessment and treatment
- Dry eye treatment
Dr. Nettleton has participated in various community service projects and particularly enjoyed performing vision screenings at The Special Olympics and assisting on a medical mission trip in Guerrero, Mexico. Although he is originally from the great state of South Dakota he is happy to be a new resident of San Antonio and does not miss shoveling snow.