Dr. Saenz graduated summa cum laude from both Abilene Christian University and the University of Houston College of Optometry. He completed a residency in refractive surgery and ocular disease at Houston’s prestigious Eye Center of Texas.
Experience and Honors
- NEI Summer Researcher at the University of Houston College of Optometry (2013-2016)
- KMK Educational Services – Instructor (2015-2017)
- Eye Center of Texas (June 2016-2017) Refractive surgery and ocular disease residency with four MDs and eight ODs.
- Family Vision Solutions and Specialty Contact Lens Center (Spring 2015) Optometric Clinical Externship – Contact Lens Specialty
- Cedar Springs Eye Clinic (Fall 2015) Optometric Clinical Externship – Ocular pathology, Primary Care, and Specialty CLs
- Outstanding Community Service Award (2016, 2015), UHCO Benedict Scholar (2013,2014,2015), Ocular Instruments Award of Excellence in Pathology (2015)
- The Vision Care Institute Educational Grant Recipient – AAO Student Travel
- Fellowship Recipient (2014) Best Scientific Paper Finalist – American Academy of Optometry (2014)
- Clinical Letters of Excellence (Spring 2014, Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015), ACU Deans Academic Award of Excellence (2008-2012)
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Ocular pathology
- Dry Eye Treatment
- Glaucoma Assessment & Treatment
- Surgical co-management
- Red Eye
- Pre- and post-cataract surgery treatment
- Treatment and management of keratoconus and other keratoectasias, ocular surface disease, neuro-ophthalmic disorders specializing in thyroid eye disease, optic disc edemas, traumas, and multiple sclerosis
Dr. Saenz is passionate about service and has participated in many medical mission trips to underserved countries including Panama, Mexico, and Costa Rica. Dr. Saenz grew up five minutes down the road from Parkhurst NuVision, and is excited to serve the community he grew up in. He and his wife serve the youth of their church and are HUGE Spurs fans.
Dr. Gregory Parkhurst has either authored or reviewed and approved this content.