Brett W. Davies, M.D., M.S.
Brett W. Davies, MD, MS, is a board-certified, fellowship-trained oculoplastic and reconstructive surgeon, and serves as our lead eyelid surgeon and oculoplastic specialist at Parkhurst NuVision. Throughout his career as an eyelid surgeon, he’s performed more than 5,000 ophthalmic plastic procedures and developed a reputation for great pre-operative and post-operative communication. He is also the Chief of Oculoplastic Surgery and the Ophthalmology Associate Program Director at Brooke Army Medical Center and Wilford Hall Eye Center in San Antonio.
Dr. Davies has authored over 50 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters, and presented over 140 national lectures, courses, and abstracts. He is a reviewer for 11 scholarly journals, the director for two nationally renowned ophthalmology courses, and serves on several national and military ocular trauma committees. Dr. Davies has won numerous awards for teaching, research, and patient care.
Education & Experiences
Surprisingly, Dr. Davies started his career as an audiologist after earning an M.S. in Audiology from the University of Mississippi — before realizing that he wanted to become a doctor! After making this decision, he quickly joined the Air Force and earned his medical degree from the Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, Maryland.
Dr. Davies went on to complete his internship and residency in ophthalmology at Wilford Hall Medical Center and Brooke Army Medical Center, part of the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium. Following his residency, Dr. Davies completed a two-year American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship at the University of Colorado.
- Chalazion (stye) excision
- Upper & Lower Lid Blepharoplasty
- Botox & Fillers
- Mohs Repair
- Naso-lacrimal Surgery
- Neck & Face-lifting
- Brow Lifts
- Orbital Decompression
- Orbital, Eye, and Eyelid Tumor Removal
- Entropion & Ectropion Surgeries
Honors & Distinctions
- Diplomat, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow in the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASOPRS)
- Chief of Oculoplastic Surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center and Wilford Hall Eye Center
- Military Ophthalmology Associate Program Director
- ASOPRS Fellowship Adjunct Faculty
- Director for two nationally renowned ophthalmology courses
- Published more than 40 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters
- Reviewer for seven national journals
- Presented at more than 70 local and national lectures
As the child of a military family, Dr. Davies’ commitment to service has been a major part of his career. He has had the privilege of serving a six-month tour in Afghanistan where he was the only ophthalmologist in theater, and has participated in medical missions to Haiti and Panama.
Dr. Davies enjoys being active and spending time with his family. When not participating in athletic activities himself, he can be found on the sidelines coaching and cheering on his three kids.