Dr. Vanrachack graduated from the University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry. He completed his optometric training at Brooke Army Medical Center’s Troop Medical Clinic at Fort Sam Houston, as well as Alpha Eyecare Associates with clinical rotations at Eye Center of Texas in Houston, Texas.
Experience and Honors
- Assistant Adjunct Clinical Professor, University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry, teaching fourth-year optometry students how to manage ocular disease and peri-operative care.
- Former President and a lifetime member of Gold Key International Optometric Honor Society, with a commitment to leadership and community service.
- Former Teaching Assistant at the University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry, helping first and second-year optometry students develop their pre-clinical skills.
- Earned various scholarships and awards, including Rosenberg School of Optometry Leadership Award, Parkhurst NuVision Excellence in Patient Care Award, Texas State Optical Scholarship, Pre-Clinical Award, and Maria Nannini Memorial Scholarship.
- Obtained Student Fellowship in the American Academy of Optometry.
- Former Class President and Clinic Representative in the Student Government Association.
- Former Student Ambassador involved in recruiting prospective optometry students and numerous community service projects.
- Held many roles in the Fellowship of Christian Optometrists, including Bible Study Leader, Community Service Coordinator, and Vice President.
Areas of Clinical Research
- LASIK Eye Surgery
- SMILE LASIK
- Refractive Eye Surgery
- Laser Eye Surgery
2019 – Present Randomized, Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Effectiveness of the TearCare System in the Treatment of the Signs and Symptoms of Dry Eye Disease
2019 – Present Prospective, Controlled, Randomized Bilateral and Non-Randomized Unilateral, Multicenter Clinical Investigation of the SC9 Extended Depth of Focus Intraocular Lens compared with Control (Bausch & Lomb Monofocal LI61SE Intraocular Lens).
2019 – Present Post-Approval Study to Evaluate the Rates of Bothersome Visual Symptoms in a Larger Population in Clinical Practice for the Tecnis Symfony Toric IOLs with Approximately 2.0 D or More of Cylinder Correction at the Corneal Plane Compared with Approximately 1.0 D of Cylinder Correction at the Corneal Plane and to Ensure the Continued Safety of the Approved Devices.
2019 – Present Prospective, Controlled, Clinical Evaluation of a Small Aperture Extended Depth of Focus Intraocular Lens.
2019 – Present Prospective, Multicenter, Double-Masked, Randomized, Vehicle-Controlled, Parallel-Group Phase 3 Study Evaluating the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Presbysol (AGN-190584) Administered Bilaterally, Once-Daily, for 30 Days in Participants with Presbyopia.
2018 – Present Prospective, Randomized Phase 3 Study Comparing Two Models of a Travoprost Intraocular Implant to Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic Solution, USP, 0.5%.
2018 Prospective, Randomized, Controlled, Parallel Groups, Multicenter Clinical Investigation of the Glaukos Trabecular Micro-Bypass System Model G2-W versus Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty.
2016 – 2018 Prospective, Randomized, Single-Masked, Controlled, Parallel Groups, Multicenter Clinical Investigation of the Glaukos Trabecular Micro-Bypass Stent Model GTS400 using the G2-M-IS Injector System in Conjunction with Cataract Surgery.
2016 – 2018 Prospective, Randomized, Controlled, Parallel Groups, Multicenter Clinical Investigation of the Glaukos Trabecular Micro-Bypass System Model G2-W versus Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty.
2016 – 2017 VSCO-109-HLN5 aka THOR Study. FDA Clinical Trial comparing Healon5 OVD. Certified Konan Specular microscopy.
Dr. V is a passionate and devoted life-long learner, with a calling to help people see physically and spiritually. For years, he has been instrumental in the instruction and mentorship of future and fellow eye doctors. On the weekends, you can find Dr. V with his wife leading Sunday school classes of elementary age children at their local church. Together, they have three children, love to travel, go out to eat and watch movies.
Dr. Gregory Parkhurst has either authored or reviewed and approved this content.