Dr. Wiechmann graduated from the University of Texas at Austin and the University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry. She completed a residency in refractive surgery and ocular disease at Parkhurst NuVision.
Experience and Honors
- Gold Key International Optometric Honor Society – Former Vice-President
- Former Trustee of the American Optometric Student Association (2016-2018)
- Davis Eyecare in Chicago Optometric Clinical Externship – Contact lens specialty and keratoconus
- Brooke Army Medical Center’s Troop Medical Clinic at Fort Sam Houston Optometric Clinical Externship – Ocular pathology and primary care
- Surgical Mission Trip – Performed pre and post-operatively care after cataract surgery in Guerrero, Mexico
- Obtained Student Fellowship in the American Academy of Optometry
- Member – American Academy of Optometry
- Member – American Optometric Association
- Member – Texas Optometric Association
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Ocular pathology
- Surgical co-management
- Dry eye treatment
Dr. Wiechmann is a native to San Antonio and is thankful to be able to serve NuVision patients. She is actively involved with Junior League of San Antonio, an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism and developing the potential of women. She currently sits on the Junior League’s Community Council Executive Committee. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling and hiking with her husband.
Dr. Gregory Parkhurst has either authored or reviewed and approved this content.